Monday, September 3, 2007

Noooo I'm not in Baghdad!

Several of you have e-mailed me today asking if I was in Baghdad with the President and I wanted to assure you that I'm not in a war zone. I'm on vacation since I didn't have to go to Australia. Even my colleagues who are on this trip didn't go. They're still on the their way to Sydney, Australia and didn't know until late this morning that he wasn't right behind them. So the way it works is that the travel pool (today is NBC's day) went with him on Air Force One and they will shoot everything and share it with all the networks like any other travel pool day. Many in the press corps just don't like it when there are surprises like this but what can you do? It happens. He's the POTUS and I do understand the security concerns.

In other news, I'm in Brookhaven, MS visiting the Doremus family that I've known for the past 18 years. I will blog more about my trip later but one of the highlights is that I shot a Colt 45 pistol today!!! Don't worry! There are pictures and you'll get to see them in a matter of a few days!

No comments: