
My international diplomacy streak continued last week with a quick visit from the new Prime Minister of Japan, Yasuo Fukuda. I had spent quality time (well I was along for the ride) with the old guy, Koizumi when we went to Graceland in June '06 but Fukuda is two PMs later and this was his first trip to the WH. The statement by the two leaders was in the Cross Hall and the press was just shoved in a very small place in the foyer. I didn't realize that the Japanese press corps was so tall. I found myself watching the event from the second rung of a ladder just so I could see. So far, there's no story that the President tells of Fukuda. I have heard his story about his dad fighting against Koizumi's dad in WWII at least a hundred times. Hopefully he'll come up with some new material with this new guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment