
Every time I come here I really think it's my last trip but then something happens and I end up on another trip to sunny Crawford, Texas. I keep thinking this is it, but then I show up for more fun. I really didn't believe we would actually make it to Crawford since the whole bailout situation was such a mess all week. And since I am the pool chair, I knew that the plan kept changing every few minutes. In fact, I really didn't start to pack until I knew for sure the bill would pass the House. Of course once it did pass, I was realizing that I really hadn't done laundry in about four or five weeks. Luckily, I had just been doing some retail therapy (a.k.a. shopping) lately so I had enough clean clothes!
So here I am in Crawford, Texas once again hanging out in the gym of the middle school. The site of the flooded liveshots from August is now beautiful concrete. They should have done that 7 3/4 years ago but I guess it's better late than never? We've done one liveshot but then we redirected our focus to work on a story for tomorrow. My correspondent and fellow producer went to town (Waco) to shoot some elements for the story and I manned the workspace and ate my fair share of ice cream, of course. Actually I'm trying really hard not to overeat but they have my favorite BlueBell in the freezer so I couldn't resist. I did say no to Katie's Custard today. Anyway, I'm not sure if our story is going to come together but it does include a trip tonight to the rodeo!!! I am soooo super duper excited! I have never been to a rodeo before!! What's better for the last trip to Crawford than a trip to the local rodeo?? I CANNOT wait!!! I have no idea what a calf scramble is but doesn't that sound like a rockin' Saturday night?
No comments:
Post a Comment