
I know you haven't heard from me in a few days and that's because I've been busy, busy, busy and with nothing all that exciting. Let me give you a general rundown of my days. Wake up when the alarm clock starts with a 3. Then walk to work. Then produce liveshots every hour on the hour for the next umpteen hours. Many hours we had multiple liveshots. Then find something to eat for dinner. Then crash. Pretty exciting, huh? My correspondent has been on TV a ton in the past few days. Meanwhile, the most exciting thing that PEOTUS has done is go grab lunch yesterday at a local restaurant. I wasn't there for that. I had to grab lunch for myself as quickly as possible because I had another liveshot within minutes.
Today, I'm back in travel pool for PEOTUS and let's just say that I am getting really good at sitting on a bus. We had a gather time this morning at 6a which was rather brutal considering I didn't go to bed until about 1a. The worst part is that we were just waiting for PEOTUS to go to the gym and he ended up not leaving his house until 9a. That meant we sat on a bus for three hours just to ride 7 minutes to the gym and then wait on the bus again. This morning, our USSS sweep was quite thorough in that our agent took his sweet time hand wanding us. I had to mention to him that it was freakin' cold outside and it really doesn't take five minutes to run a hand magnetometer over each individual. During my search, he even wanded my hair which I assured him that it's rather small in comparison to what it could be and there was nothing in my hair and I am not smart enough to even think of figuring out something dangerous to put in my hair. The other curious part was when my butt set off the magnetometer. He insisted on me taking off my coat (which did I mention it was 20 degrees with a strong windchill?) and running my hand down my back which I couldn't figure out what that was helping. I've never had my butt set the thing off before and I have been wanded a bazillion times. I'm thinking I have buns of steel and didn't know it. :)
Anyway, then we came to where PEOTUS works out and while he's up there, we get to go to a nearby cafe. For some reason, I was convinced that getting some gelato would be a great idea and while it was really yummy, it might not have been the best idea for breakfast in the cold.
So now we wait while he finishes working out and then hopefully I have some down time this afternoon to go shopping and take a nap. I hear PEOTUS is going to dinner tonight which means even more time sitting on a bus. I feel like all of my life skills have prepared me for this moment! :) See what a college degree can get you? A totally glamorous lifestyle I tell ya!
Today, I'm back in travel pool for PEOTUS and let's just say that I am getting really good at sitting on a bus. We had a gather time this morning at 6a which was rather brutal considering I didn't go to bed until about 1a. The worst part is that we were just waiting for PEOTUS to go to the gym and he ended up not leaving his house until 9a. That meant we sat on a bus for three hours just to ride 7 minutes to the gym and then wait on the bus again. This morning, our USSS sweep was quite thorough in that our agent took his sweet time hand wanding us. I had to mention to him that it was freakin' cold outside and it really doesn't take five minutes to run a hand magnetometer over each individual. During my search, he even wanded my hair which I assured him that it's rather small in comparison to what it could be and there was nothing in my hair and I am not smart enough to even think of figuring out something dangerous to put in my hair. The other curious part was when my butt set off the magnetometer. He insisted on me taking off my coat (which did I mention it was 20 degrees with a strong windchill?) and running my hand down my back which I couldn't figure out what that was helping. I've never had my butt set the thing off before and I have been wanded a bazillion times. I'm thinking I have buns of steel and didn't know it. :)
Anyway, then we came to where PEOTUS works out and while he's up there, we get to go to a nearby cafe. For some reason, I was convinced that getting some gelato would be a great idea and while it was really yummy, it might not have been the best idea for breakfast in the cold.
So now we wait while he finishes working out and then hopefully I have some down time this afternoon to go shopping and take a nap. I hear PEOTUS is going to dinner tonight which means even more time sitting on a bus. I feel like all of my life skills have prepared me for this moment! :) See what a college degree can get you? A totally glamorous lifestyle I tell ya!
1 comment:
Buns of Steel. Haha. Love it!
Post a Comment