Welcome to Day #99 of the new POTUS administration. I thought I would be pretty busy but I have totally lucked out. My correspondent is working out of New York for a couple of days which means I'm all alone in the WH basement, able to catch up on all kinds of things in life- i.e. reading e-mails, checking Facebook, updating blog- all the really important things in life.
So I thought I would share some of my random thoughts of the past couple of days. I will warn you now that I do not intend for this blogpost to actually flow. It's going to be truly random.
*As you know, I worked on Saturday and one of the highlights not mentioned in a previous post was that I got to watch nature at its finest. There is a robin's nest in the bush right outside the WH briefing room and for the past few days we had been watching Mama Robin warming the eggs but on Saturday, the eggs hatched and all of a sudden there were 4 tiny weird looking baby birds. And Mama Robin goes off and finds worms and feeds the babies. All right next to the Briefing Room door which opens approximately 52 times an hour. I would have taken a picture but with my crappy camera, it wasn't working quite right and I was literally getting stared down by Mama. But my friends at the Associated Press have a great article about them- pictures included!
*Yesterday I had the day off and it was such a productive day! I love making a to-do list and then having such a sense of accomplishment when I get through everything and it's only 2:00p. The highlight of yesterday was that I gave myself the best gift ever possible. I have two words for you. Maid Service. Seriously people, I have never treated myself to anything this wonderful in my life. My house is not all that big, I understand that, and there is really no good reason why I couldn't do it myself but Ana and her posse did a far superior job than I have ever done and in such a short amount of time!! I swear the bathtub hasn't been this clean since 1954, when it was put in the house. I'm undecided on how often Ana and her posse will come but they will be back because it's just the best thing to walk into a completely clean house (they even scrubbed my baseboards) that just smells sooooo good! And on top of that, I took my car in yesterday for its regular service and they washed and detailed my car so it is CLEAN too! Oh man, I feel goooood!!
*I have some really great friends. Yesterday, I ended up having dinner with my friend Sherry and her family. Her boys are sooooo incredibly cute that I just want to eat them up. I hadn't hung out with them in several months and it's always an adventure!! After dinner, we left George with the boys and she and I went to get our nails done. I never get my nails done unless I'm in a wedding (which I haven't been in a wedding in over two years! Yikes! My streak is over!) But I've decided I really like manicures. I'm not sure how something silly like a color on your nails make you feel better but it does. Unfortunately, the shade of pink currently residing on my fingernails is a little brighter than it appeared in the bottle. Let's just say I don't need the light of my blackberry to guide me in the dark. I have my nails now. Ok, that is a bit of an exaggeration. But it is a little brighter than I was hoping. I'm just going to wear a LOT of pink in the next few days. Anyway, I just enjoyed spending time with Sherry and catching up! I'm trying to convince her to name her baby due in August after me. One of these days I'll actually convince SOMEONE to actually do it!!
*Speaking of good friends, yesterday marked the 3 year anniversary of my friend Billy's death. I know I have mentioned him before and what a great guy Billy was but I would be remiss if I didn't mention him again. I can't believe it's been three years. Yesterday, I took time out to remember my friend and thank God that I had the chance to be friends with him. I thought about the impact that he had on soooo many people and how inspirational he was. I also thanked God for the way he's sustained Mary Jane and the boys and for other blessings that sprung from this tragedy. So in the midst of the busy-ness of yesterday getting errands done, I am so glad that I was able to pause and reflect on the life of a dear friend and all that God has done in the past three years!
*I'm up to my eyeballs in swine flu. I don't actually have it but I have a bazillion e-mails referring to it. My network (along with the rest of the media) has gone bonkers with our coverage and since I was put on the "swine flu" e-mail alias at my network, my inbox can barely handle it. Basically when anyone in my network has anything to say about anything swine flu related, they just send it to one address and hundreds, if not thousands, receive it. And apparently a LOT of people have things to add to the whole swine flu coverage. I seriously deleted, without reading, approximately 300 e-mails yesterday on swine flu alone. I think the power of suggestion is also huge because this morning I woke up and blew my nose and instantly was worried that I was sick and contagious. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that was irrational thinking and wasn't going to get me out of work. Boo.
Ok, enough random thoughts by Becky. We now return you to our normal programming! Thanks for reading! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment