
So you'll be happy to know there is no rest for the weary!! My dad and I successfully finished painting my new townhouse on Thursday (Well, if you want the whole story, I was a bit sick in the morning so he did a lot on his own and then he painted the last closet without me on Friday) and it looks absolutely great! I can't wait to actually move furniture into it and live there!! (That's just a couple of weeks away!!)
After four days of heavy labor, I did the natural thing and flew south! On Friday morning, I had an early morning flight to Atlanta so I could meet up with Elizabeth, Becky and Missy for our annual get-together! The last time all four of us were together was last year's trip to Northern Georgia in the cabin in the mountains. This year we went the civilized route and just went to see Elizabeth. The new thing about this year was that we had a whole new form of entertainment and that was in the form of Elizabeth and Casey's 9-month old daughter Caroline. (For the record, if I ever have a kid and name her Caroline, it's not going to be after her because I've always loved that name. I'm just glad she'll have someone cool to share her name with because I've had a cool Becky to share my name with!) We had so much fun just hanging out and playing with her! Literally that's what we did. In fact on Saturday, we didn't even come up with a plan for the day until about 4:30 and that was just to take our hanging out to the pool.

Oh, and of course a crucial part of any girls' weekend is the Nerts tournament. I am not one to brag but let's just say that I consistently win. I'm really not that competitive of a person. I like to win but I recognize that it's not the end of the world when I lose. Except at Nerts. :) I didn't really have to deal with that but on Sunday afternoon, Missy and I and Elizabeth and Casey played with one of their friends who is apparently really, really good. The bar was set soooo high. Sadly, I lost by 3 points before we had to leave to go to the airport. One more round and I think I would have taken him! :)
This is our 8th year of the four of us getting together for some form of vacation and I'm sure I'm repeating myself from an earlier blog post but these girls just rock! We've done some really fun things over the years (from our first vacation to Pompano Beach, to a Caribbean cruise, to going to the Miss America Pageant) and I have literally enjoyed every second. Nowadays, we don't have to do anything exciting. They are just the kind of friends you want to hang out with and catch up. That's exactly what we did. We were still in our pajamas at 4pm and no one noticed! I just love these gals and appreciate all they've meant to me over the years. I thank God for providing me these (and many other) wonderful Godly friends.
So this week has been back to the grind. I was at the White House on Monday and Tuesday but never saw POTUS. Tonight is the press conference and I'm not scheduled to be there. I am perfectly content with watching it from home while I pack. Speaking of which, I've been slowly moving things (one car load at a time) to my new place. And let me just say, I have SOOO MUCH STUFF!! The movers come in a matter of three weeks!! I will have pretty much everything but the furniture over there and I'm sure I'll be worn out by then! On Monday morning, I woke up and started taking stuff over there and by the time I got to work, I totally needed a nap. Who knew that moving was going to be so difficult?!?! (ok, don't answer that... of course it is!)
No comments:
Post a Comment