Just a quick post to let you know that life is beginning to return to normal. And by that, I mean that I have a working TV in my home now!! I thought being without TV (cable) and the internet would be fine- refreshing even. That might have been true for Days 1-3 but after that the cleansing of the mind or whatever was extremely overrated. It's quite quiet in a house by yourself. It's only so exciting to play Yathzee alone. But all that has changed. Now when you press "on" on the remote, there is something to watch! It's amazing!!
As I've mentioned, I have jumped into the world of homeowners associations with both feet but my disposition towards the whole situation has changed. The chairman of the appropriate committee who stopped by my house the other night has been completely nice and going out of his way to help me. However, when the Direct TV people came, they said the only way they were going to do it was to drill many holes in the brick and run the wires on the outside of the building. I quickly decided that was not a battle worth fighting with the HOA and promptly cancelled the service. I went to option #2 which was Comcast and despite their incompetency, they have completed half of my work order with promises to come back next week to complete the job. I was extremely frustrated with Comcast and their lack of customer service skills but I quickly forgave them when I did have one working TV and they gave me a DVR free for a year! All's forgiven as long as I can have the TV on as background noise! :)

But in addition to the move, last week had other highlights I would be remiss if I didn't mention. The day after my move, I got to spend some great time with Allie, Ann, and Alexandra McNider. Allie was my youth minister growing up and he and Ann have always held a dear place in my heart. Of course they met me when I was an awkward 7th grader (who apparently was quite opinionated and they have stories to tell about me!!) but they put up with me and I would even dare say we've been friends ever since. They were (and still are) just great role models for me during my teenage years and they played a significant role in my growing up (no short jokes, please!) years. I hadn't seen them in about 10 years and it was just absolutely wonderful to be able to pick up right where we left off even though life had happened in many ways for all of us. I am really going to try to visit them in Colorado sometime but I'm thinking late spring to avoid any avalanches!! Here's a picture of them in front of the WH with a couple who met in our youth group (actually I was much older than them which made me feel quite old but that's a different story.):


The other highlight was my Saturday which in one word: ROCKED! I went to Baltimore with my friend Dana to celebrate her upcoming nuptials! I told her that her timing couldn't have been better because what better way to celebrate her and spend the day after several days of moving than to hang out at a spa all day!! We went to the Pearl at the Ritz Carlton in the Inner Harbor and it was soooo much fun! Dana and I haven't been friends for very long (a couple of years) but we are alike in sooo many ways and just always have fun together. We are both Christians working in the DC media press world and also our favorite person in the world is Ann Taylor! The girl cracks me up! Anyway, spa day was awesome. Despite completely getting inappropriately hit on by the male masseuse (Rene) who insisted on talking to me during the massage, I left the afternoon sooo relaxed that I could barely walk. The facial rocked too. Pretty much sitting in the fancy-schmancy lounge eating chocolate covered strawberries and warm brownies rocked too. We finished the evening off at a really nice restaurant on the Inner Harbor which was really delicious! While I fully believe in the institution of marriage, I told Dana that she really needed to get married about once a year so we could continue the tradition to celebrate! I can't wait for her wedding on the beach in a few weeks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment