On Monday, I was able to go to the East Room for another bill signing. This time POTUS signed the Small Business jobs bill that had taken a bit of time to get through Congress. I kept looking for my friend Chad from church, who works for the SBA but apparently he watched it from his office. I might have been able to see a bit more from my office too but for some reason, it's still a neat thing to be in the room when a small piece of history is being signed. Lots of Congress men and women are on hand. Several cabinet secretaries. The leader of the free world. Just a bunch of important people all in one room.


But the minute people stand up (as is protocol when POTUS enters the room or for any other reason), I am automatically at a huge disadvantage. Ironic that it's a HUGE disadvantage considering it's because I'm rather short. This is what I saw but in general my view is a bit blocked due to my petite stature! :)
This is the White House photo and shows what really was happening. Even though I was in the same room and relatively close by, I saw none of this except through the viewfinder of folks' cameras.


My favorite picture from the event- Gene Sperling (WH economic advisor)'s little girl who appeared to be about three years old and she was doing a good job of being still and quiet but after a while, she couldn't take it anymore!!
1 comment:
Aww, can you imagine the fun of growing up & getting to play in the White House & surrounding areas? I think I'd do the same as you & be IN the room, given the opportunity. Love it! : )
Post a Comment