Monday, December 19, 2011

Crazy Realization!!!

I came to the realization that I am officially old enough to be POTUS. My birthday was recently, and I realized that I am now OLD ENOUGH TO BE THE POTUS!! I could run the country. I love America, don't get me wrong but I can't believe that the constitution allows someone like ME to run this wonderful nation!!

My birthday was spent with the best person in the world, Brian! We spent the day playing tourists and crossing things off of our list of things to do together. We started with a nice lunch downtown and then went to the International Spy Museum. The Spy Museum is one of Brian's favorites (it's like his version of how the Newseum is to me!) but I had never been! So we went and learned a lot. The only down side is that I am now exceptionally paranoid and think everyone around me is a spy!! :)

We also celebrated with birthday cupcakes at Red Velvet Cupcakes and then went to see the presidential portraits collection in the National Portrait Gallery. We ended the day at a Christmas party (that's one of the blessings or curses of having a Christmas birthday and it just so happens to fall on a weekend!) with friends from church. We had a great time and just spending the day together with nothing really on the agenda was a wonderful treat!

1 comment:

CarrieMarie said...

*bounce* i'm going to the spy museum next week!! : ) my friend april & i have been in love w/ spies since we fell in love w/ the show Scarecrow & Mrs. King. : )

also, happy belated birthday!

any restaurant recommendations? i'm going to be in the area for a week, and i want to try lots of different things!