I'm only working two days this week (yesterday and today) because I've got vacation days to burn and the Living Christmas Tree at my church for the rest of the week. But not to worry, the WH folks have made sure that I've stayed busy. Yesterday there was a statement in the Rose Garden about urging Congress to pass spending bills, FISA, etc. I wish I could remember word for word what he said but I was distracted. The WH chefs were cooking chicken fried steak fingers and that's all I could smell. It smelled sooooooo good and I know they taste good (from our tasting last Thursday.) It was just a bit distracting because I was pretty hungry and all I wanted to eat for lunch were the chicken fried steak fingers. Do you know how hard it is to find those for lunch in DC?
Today there is a press conference. It's upstairs from our booth in the briefing room. The room is too small for me to be in there so I'll watch it on TV just like everyone else. All the action will be steps away from me but I'll miss it! Oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment