Monday, January 7, 2008

Off to see the world!!

Happy New Year!! I've settled back into the work thing after only working five days in December! I spent my New Year's Day at the WH waiting for the Prez to come home. It was fairly uneventful. He got off the helicopter. He waved. He walked inside.

Since then, I've been at the bureau getting ready for a big trip to the Middle East. We leave tonight and I'm all packed and just waiting for a ride to Andrews. We'll spend tonight on the plane and then the next ten days in six different countries of the Middle East. We'll hit Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, among others. I'm really excited! I seriously doubt there will be any time for sightseeing but I am in travel pool in Jerusalem so I'm excited to be able to witness some historic moments up close and personal! It's going to be a ton of work (the total opposite of December for me!) and not much sleep. But I plan on trying to update my blog from there when time allows!

Oh, and I'm not on Air Force One for this trip. I'll be on the press charter which trust me, is a good deal. I survived flying internationally on commercial airlines so this will be a piece of cake. The charter is the way to go!!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Have fun on your trip! Do you have to cover your head in Saudi Arabia?

Tricia