
Yesterday was a very special day! Joella Murray turned one! If you've been a long time reader (well as long as there has been a blog), you'll remember this time last year, Ella was fighting for her life. She was diagnosed with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) and at first was not given the best chances to live. She is truly a miracle child! To think of all the ups and downs she's gone through in the past 366 days (mostly in those first scary days), she is such a trooper and an awesome kid all around! God has truly been at work in her life and through her life, so many others have been touched too. I feel so honored to be a part of the Murrays lives and I get the privilege of being her Aunt Beck. I love when I stop over at their house (294 steps away from me!) she immediately (usually) smiles when I walk through the door! I'm guessing I'm just funny looking because lately she just laughs at me for no reason! But she's pulling up on things and walks on all fours! She'll be walking soon! She even climbs up on me, usually just to grab my necklace. But I just love that kid!!
Yesterday was her birthday party. She is one popular little girl because she had more people at her first birthday party than I think I know! Not really but it was definitely more rockin than most kids' parties! It was at Generous George's which was the perfect venue! I totally love their pizza! And I think that everyone there, children of literally all ages, had a blast. It was great to see everyone, especially Joe and Katie's family members. Both of their families are such wonderful groups of people and I look forward to seeing them whenever they are in town!
Ella, I hope you had a great birthday! You are one precious little girl and I'm so glad I get to be your Aunt Beck!! I love you!
2 comments:
May Joella be blessed with the very richest blessings in Christ!
"You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness" (Psa 30.11 ESV)
Happy birthday Ella..our son has EB as well and just turned one in May so I know what a milestone that is..and kudos to mom and dad for making through the first year!! All our best for the following to be filled with health and happiness..email at anytime..johnbeth91@aol.com
Post a Comment