Friday, August 1, 2008

Week in Review, Well Sort Of


Sorry you haven't heard from me this week. I wish I could have said it was because I was sooooo busy with lots of exciting world events. Actually it's because I only saw POTUS one time this week and I had left my camera at home. Oh, and I only worked for three days this week. I was off all last week and I'm off all next week so I thought it would look bad if I didn't work at all for a month!


Anyway, Monday was all about the projected budget deficit numbers being released. I thought about blogging about that but then how boring is that? Plus, I am not an economist by any stretch of the imagination and let's be honest, I can't really grasp what $490 billion in deficit really means. All I know is that's a lot of money. And Tuesday, I don't really remember. Actually thanks to the handy dandy http://www.whitehouse.gov/ I am reminded that POTUS signed some bills and then went to Ohio. I obviously didn't go to Ohio. I think I would have remembered that!


Wednesday was the only day I saw POTUS. It was in the Rose Garden after a cabinet meeting. I sometimes forget when I go out there that very few people have actually been there before. It was hot, there were lots of bugs, etc. etc. etc. that I literally forgot to stop and smell the roses. It really is a beautiful garden and reminds me a lot of the garden I have at home. Ok, I don't have a garden and I can barely keep my tree alive. But I imagine if I ever lived in a big white house with the National Park Service as my gardeners, I too could have a garden that looked like that! Anyway, it was really hot so the WH staffers said that POTUS was going to come out early and make it short and sweet. I like that. Especially when I was trying to pay attention but at the same time trying to avoid swallowing a gnat every second. His cabinet secretaries looked thrilled too. I think I could tell from a few of them, especially VPOTUS (I guess that's what we would called him!), that he was counting days until he's back in Wyoming!


And then I had Thursday and Friday off. I'm sure that important world events have taken place and major policies have been announced but I really haven't paid close attention. I am getting ready to leave for London on a mission trip for almost two weeks followed by a wonderful trip to Crawford for ten days. I promise to bring my camera along with me and post from time to time!

1 comment:

danabrown said...

Will I ever see you again? Safe travels. I'll be praying for your missions trip!