Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Overnight Nap

Once again, I'm a couple of days behind in the blog world. That means it's been waaaaaay too busy. We spent a day and a half in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. There was a big rally at another airport hangar, similar to the one in Ohio just a couple of days before. This is the town where there was some major flooding a couple of months ago. It's also near where my friend Jessica (I met her in London in August) goes to school so I was sooooo excited that I got to see her again on home turf!

For the rally, there were several thousand people there including some hidden war protesters who interrupted the speeches several times. I had a great vantage point when they started their screaming the first time. The other people around them were true Americans. One woman grabbed one of the girls so hard that I thought her arm was going to come out of the socket. She dragged her for many yards until she kind of threw her on the ground. I wouldn't ever mess with that chick!!

Half of our day was spent trying to figure out what our travel plans would be for last night and today. It ended up that after our liveshots (which ended at 8p), we drove from Cedar Rapids to Chicago. That was a four hour drive which the idea of sounded a lot worse than the actual drive. My correspondent and I split the drive and I can now I saw a lot of Iowa. Except that I didn't because it was very dark and flat. I think I saw a lot of cornfields but I just can't be sure!!

We got into downtown Chicago this morning at about 12:30am and we had to be up to do liveshots at 6a which meant getting to work by 5:30a at the absolute latest. If you do the math, you'll figure out that I only got to sleep less than four hours. About 3 1/2 by the time the alarm went off. It was another morning where the alarm clock in the room was set to an hour starting with "3". Not good. So I had another overnight nap because it was the same people at the desk when I checked in and checked out. This nap cost about $100 an hour.

Now I'm home for a couple of day, thank God!! I need a small break and some quality down time. I'm realizing that I don't think I'm cut out for this lifestyle for long periods of time! I was only gone from Saturday night until Friday afternoon and it felt like three weeks had passed!! So I will spend the weekend rejuvenating and sleeping so I can do it all again for the entire next week!!

Please forgive how bad this blogpost is. I am having a major case of writer's block. That coupled with being completely exhausted is preventing me from being clever!! :)

1 comment:

LBelle said...

I think your last couple of posts inspired my sleep talking episode last night:

http://rlbrjones.blogspot.com/

:-)

hope you get some rest this weekend!