I'm in the Big Apple for the next few days and I couldn't be happier. Not the New York part. The few days part. I love the fact that I won't get on another plane for maybe two days! We're staying at the W for the next few days and while it's not like the Waldorf Astoria from last year, I will manage sleeping there for three nights. I stayed there last year and it was very nice. Small but nice. I tried to get a room at the Waldorf through a last minute offer by the WH. They sent out an e-mail last Wednesday saying they had three extra rooms there and the first three people to e-mail back would get them. I e-mailed back in approximately 10.4 seconds. I lost. It was a valiant effort but we're at the W. It's not like we're stuck at the Super 8!
So we're here to cover the McCain-Palin campaign and she'll be meeting with a bunch of world leaders and dignitaries like Bono. I think she just like U2 and wants to meet him. But POTUS is actually in town. Remember him? I'm really glad to see him except that I won't actually see him in person. I just love having the details of what he's doing and not spending half the day figuring out what is going on. I'm not in travel pool at all during the UN trip this year so I will just get to spend quality time at the NY bureau and watch it on the TV feeds. The bureau is at Columbus Circle and the best thing about this place is the cafeteria upstairs. In DC, the bureau has a small deli downstairs and then we are walking distance to Union Station. At the WH, there is a snack machine. In NY, there is this huge cafeteria with all these stations and choices. I was a bite overwhelmed. It appears half of the DC bureau is up here today because I ran into Wolf Blitzer at lunch today and I hadn't seen him in person in quite a while. I also met correspondent Ali Velshi in person. He's a Facebook friend that I actually have never met in person but he came up to me and recognized me! I just love Facebook!!
No comments:
Post a Comment