Ok, time has been slipping away. I didn't realize that it's been 12 days since I blogged. Please forgive me. I'm a self-admitted slacker. Not really. It's just been fairly busy and nothing earth-shattering to share. But since I've been gone, I will give you an update on the life of Becky in the last 12 days, or at least I'll hit the highlights!
Last Friday I had the day off and I went to Roanoke for the weekend. It was supposed to be a weekend where I saw most of my family (except for Kay and Mark) since I haven't seen them since Thanksgiving. But it turned into a girls weekend with Laura and Cayton. Mom ended up getting MRSA and was in the hospital. (I guess that was a good enough excuse.) So my parents didn't come up from South Carolina. And then George was away playing golf until Sunday afternoon. So Laura and Cayton and I hung out and had a great time enjoying the beautiful weather. I know I've mentioned it before, but Cayton is one cool, funny, and especially cute kid. I'm not even saying that because I'm biased. It's just a fact. We went to the playground and she played with the neighborhood kids outside. We also went to two baby showers. My newest niece, Raygan will arrive on April 8th so Laura loaded up on exceptionally cute outfits for her. It was a really fun weekend and I already miss them and can't wait to see them (and my parents) again in a few weeks when Raygan is born!




Other than that, not a whole lot has been going on. I've been at the White House mostly but haven't seen much of POTUS. I did see him on Wednesday at an event in the East Room. It was for the signing of an executive order creating a council for Women. Not that exciting of an event but I did see the tallest woman I have ever seen in real life. She's a professional basketball player and she towered over POTUS (and obviously me too.) In fact, I think I could have stood on POTUS's shoulders and she still would have been taller. The other interesting thing was that I noticed that the famous Gilbert Stuart paintings in the East Room have been covered up. The Obama administration LOVES to set up the East Room so that the stage is at one end of the room. I personally think the gold curtains with sunlight peaking through looks horrible but they didn't ask me. Anyway, the way they have the room set up, the press has to stand along the long wall of the room. That's where the paintings of George Washington and Dolly Madison are hung. Except I guess they don't trust us or something because they've covered them up with white boxes. To me, it takes away from the room because I like seeing Dolly or George over the shoulder of a world leader but maybe I shouldn't care that much!! I think the best answer is just to set the room up the other way and we'll all be happy!!


(Before/courtesy of the History Channel) (Courtesy me)
Today I'm working because Brazilian President Lula is here to visit POTUS. I've been to his place before when I went to Brazil for less than 24 hours in 2005. I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember me. I actually went to his ranch, kind of like Bush's Crawford ranch. All I really remember is that it was really, really hot and the only Portuguese I knew was the term for "who farted?" (please don't ask why I know this random fact!) but anyway, it came in handy as we were crammed onto a bus with the Brazilian press corps! I don't recognize any of the 40 Brazilian press members that are here today so hopefully we won't need that phrase again today!
BTW, I am considering to start to Twitter. I'm a little bit torn as to what to do. What do you think?
4 comments:
Twitter is good when you follow people that you know personally.
I used follow lots of people I didn't know until I realized it wasn't fun reading someone who updated their life 197 times a day.
Now I enjoy keeping up with friends only. Good luck!
Great blog by the way. I've been reading it ever since it was mentioned by Ed Stetzer.
Congrats on the new niece on the way, that's excellent news! I'm feeling the Twitter pull too... but I don't know if I'm ready to take the plunge...
About the gold curtains, ICK. I have been saying the same thing. And I hate that he does so many events there, in that same exact spot. We need some variety for file video purposes. Don't they think of these things?
Perhaps we could be consultants? :)
I know that cool person who taught you all you need to know about Portguese. One awesome person, I tell ya...
Post a Comment