Happy New Year to all my blog friends!! 2009 was a pretty good year and I'm really looking forward to seeing what God has in store for me (and you) in 2010! In the past I've been a big fan of the New Year's Resolutions but I've come to terms that usually I bite off more than I can chew. So I'm paring it down this year to just a few goals.
1) Be a better blogger. I admit it. I've become one of those people who I didn't want to become. One who neglects her blog. Truth be told, sometimes I forget that what I'm doing is somewhat on the cool side and maybe my readers (okay, I'll be honest, maybe my mom) will care about what's going on in my life. I've been doing my job for several years now so the WOW factor sometimes wears off. But when I take a step back and remember where I am and what God has me doing, I quickly realize that there is a WOW factor much more than I think. So here's my practical way of implementing my goal. I will attempt to blog during the week as exciting things happen. However, my plan B is to blog every (or at least most) Saturdays about the week in review. No matter what boredom is going on, I'll find something to write about and embellish to make interesting. See- it's Saturday and I'm doing that!! (Also, I plan on implementing the Dana Ritter strategy and doing several catch up posts, especially from Christmas!)
2) Turn off the TV more. While this may seem to be somewhat of a conflict considering it is the basis of my livelihood, I think I watch a little too much. Of nothing. So I'm really only to have the TV for Biggest Loser and the Office (which I will DVR) and then maybe something else if I really like it. Of course I will still fall asleep to the TV for my Sunday afternoon nap (but that doesn't really count since I usually conk out within five minutes of sitting on the couch!) And then it can be on some nights when I'm falling asleep (same thing though, doesn't count.) Instead, I'm going to read more and be more active. I'm not sure exactly what the second part of that entails but I'll figure that out. I'm sure it will be easier when it gets warmer. Maybe I'll actually work on writing a book!! In previous years, I've set a goal to read a book a month and since I wasn't successful two years in a row on that one, I'm just going to say I'll read more. I'll always have something I'm reading and there's no time pressure to finish it at a particular time.
3) Pray more. Worry Less. This is probably my biggest focus this year. I don't specifically stay up at night worrying about anything but there's always several scenarios running through my head at any given point. After figuring out all the millions of possibilities that could happen from any particular issue, that's when I really start giving it to God and letting him take care of it. This year, I'm going to specifically pray more and earlier on! And more for others than myself. This should always be my goal but this year I'm more intentional about it. I'm looking forward to spending more quality time with God. I have a prayer journal so that should help. (I was going to have my return to journaling as my resolution but realistically I think that is too great an expectation!) I'm excited to be able to look back at the end of 2010 and see all the things that God has answered and worked through. I expect great things in 2010!!
I wish I had an exciting story to tell you from my New Year's but I don't. I worked all day and then went to my friends' Jessica and Rob's for a party. I did make it to midnight but just barely. The fact that my Hokies beat Tennessee helped to start my new year off on the right foot. Finishing this blog post and maintaining my blogger better is just icing on the cake!! Happy New Year everyone!
2 comments:
Yay, Becky!! You can do it! Thanks for the shout out.
Michael and I are doing a blog together this year (even more for me to keep up with, we'll see how THAT goes!)
Check it out - www.lovelikethislife.blogspot.com
We were glad you made it out on NYE - sorry it was kind of crazy and you were so tired. I'm sure you will do great on keeping your New Year's resolutions!
Jess and Rob
Post a Comment