
On Wednesday, my good buddy President Karzai of Afghanistan was at the White House for a meeting and I had the good fortune to be able to see him once again. I can't actually remember how many times I've seen him before (I think in my old age, I am getting senile and my rock-solid memory is failing me at the moment) but I'm sure I've seen him. Trust me. I remember the hat and cloak-thingy in person. But I guess it's been a while. I'm pretty sure he can't remember when we last saw each other either. So I don't feel so bad!
POTUS and POA (which doesn't sound nearly as cool to day) met privately in the Oval Office first. I can't imagine why they didn't invite me in! :) And then they came to the East Room for a press conference. Karzai wore his famous hat and cloak. I'm pretty sure I would have a much more difficult time identifying him without those! POTUS spoke first (as always since he is the host) and then Karzai spoke. Then they took some questions and pretend like they were total BFFs. Maybe they really are. Your guess is as good as mine and I of course don't want to discuss politics. Anyway, it was another moment this week that made me remember the unique place where God has put me.
I snapped a few pictures from the event:


Oh and another highlight of the event was getting to see my friend Dana! She looked so professional and important. I was shocked that POTUS didn't call on her for a question. SHOCKED, I tell ya! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment