
Remember six months ago when I was blogging about getting stuck in three feet of snow and how I couldn't wait until summer? Now, here we are six months later wishing it weren't so hot. If it's not clear, this sign says 109!!!! Seriously!! I guess we'll never be content!!
Last weekend (I'm hoping I am not throwing you off too much by going a little bit out of order!), it was a scorcher!! And my friend Eric was in town visiting. Thankfully we didn't play tourist for that much of the weekend so we avoided most of it.
Eric, who I've told you about before, was in town to speak at the men's breakfast at my church on Saturday morning. His story is such a gripping story that I greatly encourage you to go out and buy. Every time I talk with him, I am completely blessed and inspired by the way the Lord worked (and is working) in his life. It's always a cool thing to actually see where God is at work! Getting to hear him speak at the men's breakfast (yes, I completely crashed the testosterone-rich event!) was awesome and I know he was quite a blessing to all who heard him.
But later in the evening, we decided that we should stop by the Lincoln Memorial. He had never been there and we could park nearby so we braved the heat and played tourist for a short while. Even at 7:00p, it was 94 degrees. And the Lincoln had been invaded by about 50,000 Boy Scouts. We talked to several of them who looked like they were near-passing-out and then decided to ask one of them to take our picture. I mean, that's what Boy Scouts do, right?
But later in the evening, we decided that we should stop by the Lincoln Memorial. He had never been there and we could park nearby so we braved the heat and played tourist for a short while. Even at 7:00p, it was 94 degrees. And the Lincoln had been invaded by about 50,000 Boy Scouts. We talked to several of them who looked like they were near-passing-out and then decided to ask one of them to take our picture. I mean, that's what Boy Scouts do, right? 
On Sunday, Eric spoke in both church services at my church and once again, was able to be such a blessing! 

His entire story, but especially the faith part, is really a must-read so I'll put a plug in once again! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment