Monday, July 2, 2007

Beck Beck Sillygirl

So I have to go back to work tomorrow after being off work for the past ten days. You can feel sorry for me if you want to. But I am spending this evening trying to read my 2000 e-mails for work that I've missed or largely ignored in the past week or so. I just got back from South Carolina for a quick visit with my parents and my sister and niece. Cayton is absolutely one of the cutest kids on the planet. I know I might be a bit biased but she is honestly one funny kid with such an imagination and she just says the darnedest things! I really think she thinks my name is Beck-Beck Sillygirl. When I try telling her I'm really a Rebecca, she says that I'm not and my real name is Beck-Beck Sillygirl. She came up with that on her own almost two years ago and won't let it go. And she's absolutely 100% adorable to top it all off!


I also enjoyed spending quality time with the rest of my family. I even played a violin-oboe duet with my mom at my parents' church on Sunday. I haven't played very much lately which was very obvious when I was panting and breaking a sweat after one verse of "America the Beautiful". But luckily, the crowd didn't know better and thought it was the greatest thing ever. They said they were taping the service and sending it to our military overseas. I hope my playing doesn't do anything to lower morale in foreign lands. I apologize up front. It was not my best playing! I also enjoyed playing cards with my dad and sister. We are wild people, I know!!


Now I have to get back into the swing of things by actually going to work for four days this week. I might even have to work an entire eight hours tomorrow!! Go ahead, feel REALLY sorry for me now!

P.S. Keep on praying for Joe and Katie and Ella. She's made a lot of progress (relatively speaking) in recent days but has apparently had a rough day today so keep the prayers coming!

3 comments:

Skyman said...

Beck-Beck Sillygirl? That's quite a perceptive young lady.

Lala said...

What a cute picture if I do say so myself! We had a great time with you and miss you tons. Cayton says, "Beck- Beck, I love you." I love you too!
Love,
LALA

Anonymous said...

Beck Beck Sillygirl, aka the Beckster, aka Great Brittain, aka Deacon Becky, aka the best neighbor EVER!!! Thanks for joining us in celebrating our nation's 231st birthday. We're glad you enjoyed your time in SC and had fun with Cayton. We appreciate your prayers and friendship immensely.

Sincerely, Joe, Katie and baby Joella