Monday, July 30, 2007

Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo!!


I just finished a weekend of entertaining my sister and niece and it was absolutely fun! I do give all you parents out there a big round of applause because after almost four days, I'm exhausted! How do you do this all the time?? :) Cayton is such a great kid and really low matainence but there's just something about following a three and a half year old around that made me tired! I took more naps than she did! But we had a lot of fun. The highlight of the weekend was a visit with Cinderella in Arlington. Cayton is obsessed with Cinderella and all the Disney princesses and she just returned from a trip to Disney World where she had breakfast with Cinderella and met all the other characters. So I was a bit nervous how this Cinderella would match up to the one at Disney. I had found this event when I was doing research to find activities for us to do while she was here and I totally lucked out that Cinderella was going to be at Tree Top Kids, a toy store/book store in Arlington. I really didn't know what to expect but I was just sooooo relieved when Cinderella walked in and she was the correct ethnicity and had no visible tattoos. Cayton didn't quite understand why she couldn't see the magic coach parked in the parking lot or how a princess could possibly be running late. But she loved the whole thing and got to dance with her and gave her a hug and wouldn't let her go! Actually, this professional princess was really good and she could sing very well too. Now I'm wondering what a professional princess does to make a living in Northern Virginia. I think that's what Cayton wants to be when she grows up!

1 comment:

Working Mom said...

Be sure that Cayton knows that Cinderella's real name is Ella...just like her new friend Ella.

Katie and Ella