Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!


Nothing says Happy Birthday America this year like a trip to.... Japan!! That's right, I'm showing my patriotism by flying to Japan today. Don't worry, POTUS will still be in the good old USA for the 4th.... he leaves tomorrow. Last year I was in West Virginia and this year I'll be somewhere near the North Pole when the fireworks go off. I know you're going to think I'm a flying snob but we almost had to fly to Japan commercially. Gasp. I know. It was seriously on my prayer list for a few days. But PTL, the charter option became more affordable and we (the entire press corps) decided to take it. I had to go ahead and buy a commercial ticket anyway and it cost nearly $8000! The charter option is more expensive than that but well worth the lack of headaches and trials we would have gone through otherwise! I would have mustered through flying commercially to Japan (as you'll recall, I flew to Egypt AND Central Asia last year commercially and survived both times!) but flying with a lot of television gear to another country is a pain in the neck. The charter option eliminates all those stresses! Not to mention that I won't have to sit next to anyone! :)

1 comment:

Larry McCallister, Jr. said...

I'm glad POTUS is here in the USA...it would've been, well, unamerican otherwise! ;-)

Have a great trip, Becky!

(For some reason I'm reminded of the 90's band, The Presidents of the United States of America, and their song about moving to the country and eating a lot of peaches!)