Before last Friday, I hadn't been to St. Louis in almost three years. Now I've been twice in one week. Today I was with the President. And I was only there for about five hours. I have to say the chartered flight was probably nicer except that we had to circle the airport for an hour while a big storm moved through town. We were on an older plane and boy was that ride one of the bumpiest I've had in a while!! We visited World Wide Technology which happened to be extremely close to the restaurant where I met up with Linda last Friday for lunch! It also is really near to Katherine's office so I got to see my baby sister again! Twice in one week! She stopped by after the President had left... security is too much to get through while the leader of the free world is anywhere. We were technically "outside the secure area" but in any case there are a million police officers and once the POTUS leaves, it goes back to normal almost immediately!! So Katherine got to come see me working except that I wasn't really working at that point. She did see all of us crammed into one conference room! And she got to have lunch with me. Unfortunately the spread left a little to be desired so after years of hearing how great the catering is on my trips, she was sorely disappointed! But at least she got to see me! :)
Now we've made our way to Texas for the weekend. No. This is not the weekend that Jenna is getting married. We're going to Kansas on Sunday and it's easier to stay close by than to come home and then leave again on Sunday. Or so they say! :) So I'll have one day of Blue Bell and brisket!!! Don't be jealous! :)
1 comment:
I would read a book on your travels!
JP in STL
Post a Comment