But the highlight of the weekend was definitely last night when I went to the Potomac Nationals game in Woodbridge. They are the Nat's Double A farm team and they happened to be playing the Salem Avalanche (my hometown team!) We had tickets with some people who house the players. Apparently farm league players don't make enough money to be able to pay rent. I was considering opening my home to players but none of them were all that cute.
Anyway, I digress. The highlight was not the game, although that was quite fun. The highlight was that it was Erik Estrada night!!! Now if you're a loyal reader to the blog, you'll remember that I've already met Erik Estrada once in life. I thought I was just going to cross that off the list of things-to-do-before-I-die only once but who knew I'd be able to say I've met him twice in about a year! Ponch was wearing the same outfit that he was wearing when I met him the last time which makes me think he only has one set of clothes. But he has plenty of teeth whitening stuff because boy, you could see those pearly whites a mile away. He was there to promote internet safety and I guess for a self-esteem boost. EVERYONE there wanted their picture with him. Even me, sort of. Well not really but my friend Darla wanted one so I went with her.

Later in the game, Darla wanted his autograph but was too embarrassed to stalk Erik Estrada twice in one night. So I sacrificed and literally at one point I was chasing Ponch around the Prince William Stadium trying to get his autograph. I'm fairly certain Erik didn't remember me from three innings earlier, much less from last year. He somehow has a ton of fans, you know! So now I'm officially the proud owner of an Erik Estrada autograph that says "Happiness! Love, Erik Estrada" The best part of it is that the "i" in happiness is a big heart!!
Someone asked me if seeing him was the most exciting thing that's happened the past year. I had to think about it... seeing the Pope, flying on Air Force One, being in travel pool with the President in the Middle East, etc. But seeing Erik Estrada twice within a year is pretty high on the list! :)
I woke up this morning thinking I just had a really weird dream due to the cold medicine I am pumping my body with. I tend to have some really random dreams sometimes. But no, this was real. I have a picture on my cell phone and his signature to stare at to prove that it really happened!!
No comments:
Post a Comment